Vicks NaturalCare™ Humidifier (VUL530)
Question: How do I set up/install my Vicks NaturalCare™ Humidifier?
Answer: Follow the step by step instructions below to set up your Vicks NaturalCare™® Humidifier . You can also view the How to Clean video under the Vicks NaturalCare™ Ultrasonic Humidifier product page Video tab.
Vicks Humidifiers & Thermometers YouTube: How to Use.
- Remove packaging materials. Keep instructions.
- Remove twist tie and extend power cord.
- Place on a firm, level, water resistant surface a minimum of 12" (30cm) from any walls.
Question: How do I stop my unit from turning off unexpectedly?
Answer: The Vicks NaturalCare™ Humidifier has an auto-shutoff safety feature that turns the unit off when empty.
Question: How do I use the 7 Color Changing Night-Light?
- 1st Press: Color changing Night-Light turns ON
- 2nd Press: Light color stops on the current color
- 3rd Press: Turns Night-Light function OFF
- You can Press and Hold to dim the light at any time, there are 3 dimming levels
Note: The Nitetime-Light can be used with or without the use of the humidifier. The Nitetime-Light will remain on, even if the humidifier has been turned off. Touch the lightbulb icon to turn the Nitetime-Light off.
Question: Can I use with Essential Oils?
Yes, this humidifier accepts essential oils.To use essential oils in your humidifier, add a few drops of your favorite essential oil(s) to the water in the Tank and replace the Cap.
DO NOT operate without water. ONLY use 100% natural essential oils, use of other oils may cause damage to the Humidifier.
ALWAYS reference the essential oil labeling for usage and dosage instructions.
NOTE: The Tank and Reservoir are specially made of oil-proof materials, but other parts of the Humidifier are not. Essential oils should only be allowed in the Tank and Reservoir. If any oils spill outside of the Tank or Reservoir, be sure to wipe down gently with a wet paper towel and then dry gently with a dry paper towel.
Question: How do I clean my Vicks NaturalCare™ Humidifier?
To properly clean your humidifier, we recommend the separate processes of Scale Removal and Disinfecting shown below. These two processes must be performed separately. All maintenance should be done in the kitchen or bathroom on a water-resistant surface near a faucet. DO NOT wash any components of this humidifier in the dishwasher.
Vicks Humidifiers & Thermometers YouTube: How to Clean.
- Turn off and unplug the humidifier.
- Remove Water Tank from Base. Remove Tank Cap, taking care that Grey Rubber Cap Seal does not come off. Empty water from Water Tank and Base.
- If accessory (ex. cleaning fish, cartridge) is installed, remove accessory and set aside. DO NOT clean accessory. This will damage the accessory.
- Add 2 cups of undiluted distilled white vinegar to Water Tank. Replace Tank Cap and swish vinegar solution around in Tank. Place Tank on Base. Vinegar solution will drain into Water Reservoir and loosen mineral buildup (scale) on Nebulizer and Float as they soak in the solution. It will also loosen scale on bottom of Water Tank.
- Soak for 15-20 minutes.
- After soaking, unlock Tank Cap and pour solution out in sink. Pour solution from Water Reservoir out in sink. Wipe Nebulizer and Float with soft cloth to remove loosened mineral deposits.
- Rinse Water Reservoir and Water Tank until smell of vinegar (for Scale Removal process) or bleach solution (for Disinfecting process) is gone. Make sure water does not enter the fan opening (vented opening behind base) or Power Knob.
- Follow Steps 1-3 in Scale Removal Instructions in previous section.
- For Step 4: Add ½ tsp of bleach to ½ gallon (1.9L) of water and add to Water Tank. Replace Tank Cap. Swish solution around in Tank. Place Tank on Base. Bleach solution will drain into Water Reservoir and will disinfect Water Reservoir and other components as they soak. NOTE: Using more than 1 tsp. of bleach per gallon of water may result in damage to your humidifier. See steps 5-7 in Scale Removal Instructions in previous section to complete Disinfecting process. NOTE: DO NOT mix vinegar and bleach solutions together. Scale Removal and Disinfecting must be done separately.
Question: Why is there white dust?
Answer: With an ultrasonic humidifier, a built-in nebulizer vibrates the water at ultrasonic frequency which causes the water droplets to break into a fine, cool mist that you can see. Naturally occurring minerals in your water get projected out with the mist and can settle around the unit in the form of white dust. In hard water areas, we recommend using demineralization cartridges with your ultrasonic humidifier to capture minerals in the water and to help reduce white dust on surfaces.
Filter Free Humidifiers