Vicks Non Contact Infrared Body Thermometer (VNT275)
Question: How do I change the temperature scale from Celsius to Fahrenheit (or vice versa) on my thermometer?
Answer: To change your thermometer from Celsius to Fahrenheit or vice versa, please follow the below steps:
- Turn the thermometer on by pressing the Trigger/Power button
- Press and hold the SET button to enter F1
- Press the MODE or MEMO button to switch Celsius and Fahrenheit temperature units
- Press the Trigger to confirm the unit settings
Question: How do I change the battery on my thermometer?
Answer: When the low battery symbol appears on the LCD screen, you know it is time to change the batteries. Before changing the battery, be sure the system is powered off.
- First open the battery cover following the indicator on the surface of the battery cover.
- Remove the dead batteries and replace with 2 new AAA batteries. Make sure to align properly as indicated inside the battery cover (+ and – symbol).
- Slide the battery cover back in until it snaps in place.
Question: Is there a way to view the last temperature taken on my thermometer?
When the thermometer is turned on or off, press the MEMO button to view temperature history. The previous 50 temperatures can be displayed on the LCD screen.
The most recent temperature taken will be the first temperature displayed after pressing the MEMO button. To view the next most recent temperature taken, press the “MEMO” button again.
To clear the memory of previous temperatures, press and hold the “MEMO” button until the LCD display “CLR”, which means all stored data is cleared completely.
Question: How do I clean my thermometer?
Answer: We recommend using a damp cloth with water or isopropyl alcohol to clean the surface and LCD of the device of any germs. Do not use solvents or immerse the device into water or other liquids.
- Carefully wipe the thermometer casing and measuring probe.
- After wiping, allow the thermometer to air dry.
Question: What is the best way to achieve an accurate reading from my thermometer?
- Let the thermometer and the individual being measured acclimate to the temperature of the room for 30 minutes in which the measurement will be taken.
- The individual being measured should be indoors for 20 minutes before taking a measurement, as external temperature can impact skin temperature.
- Be sure to wipe away any sweat with a dry cloth. Sweat can cool skin resulting in a false reading. Ensure that the forehead is clean and free from any hair.
- The thermometer should align with the middle of the forehead (between and directly above the eyebrows) at a vertical distance of 0.4-2 inches (1-5 cm)
- Make sure the individual you are measuring keeps their head still.
- Hold the thermometer steady. DO NOT swipe!
Question: How do I take a food or bath reading?
- With the device powered On, press the MODE button to switch from human to surface temperature. The screen will change from “body” to “surface” on the top of the LCD screen.
- Position thermometer 0.4-2 inches (1-5 cm) away from food or bath water. Ensure that you are aiming directly at the food or bath water and not at the food container or walls of the bathtub. Ensure that the thermometer is not directly in-line of steam, as this can impact reading. DO NOT touch food or bath water with the thermometer.
- Press the POWER/TRIGGER button to take a temperature measurement.
- The temperature measurement will be displayed on the LCD screen. Please note the backlight will be green regardless of temperature measurement when in surface mode.
Question: How do I mute the sounds on my thermometer?
Answer: While the thermometer is turned on, press the SET button to turn the sound function on or off.