Vicks Mini Filter Free & Filter Free Humidifier (VUL525 & VUL545)
Welcome to Healthier Easy Breathing
Question: When should I use my Vicks Filter Free Humidifier?
Answer: Use Vicks Mini Filter Free & Filter Free Humidifier to PREVENT or RELIEVE:
- Dry eyes, skin and lips
- Allergy flare ups
- And IMPROVE indoor air quality in sickness and health
Question: How do I set up/install my Vicks Mini Filter Free (or) Filter Free Humidifier?
Answer: Follow the step-by-step instructions below to set up your Vicks Mini Filter Free & Filter Free Humidifier.
- Remove packaging materials. Keep instructions.
- Remove twist tie and extend power cord.
- Place on a firm, level, water resistant surface a minimum of 12″ (30cm) from any walls. Mist should be directed away from any walls, bedding and furniture.
Question: What to do if you are hearing constant gurgling, bubbling, or droplet sounds from your humidifier?
Answer: This gurgling or bubble sound is completely normal when you turn on your humidifier for the first time. The sound will decrease after it runs for a few hours.
If you are sensitive to sounds and plan to use your humidifier at night, we recommend for the first use, run your humidifier during the day for a few hours. This way the sound of droplets will be at a minimum when you turn in for the night.
Question: How do I stop my unit from turning off unexpectedly?
Answer: The Vicks Mini Filter Free & Filter Free Humidifier has an auto-shutoff safety feature that turns the unit off when empty.
Question: How do I clean my Vicks Mini Filter Free & Filter Free Humidifier?
To properly clean your humidifier, we recommend the separate processes of Scale Removal and Disinfecting shown below. These two processes must be performed separately. All maintenance should be done in the kitchen or bathroom on a water-resistant surface near a faucet. DO NOT wash any components of this humidifier in the dishwasher.
Vicks Humidifiers & Thermometers YouTube: How to Clean.
- Turn off and unplug the humidifier.
- Remove Water Tank from Base. Remove Tank Cap, taking care that Grey Rubber Cap Seal does not come off. Empty water from Water Tank and Base.
- If accessories are installed, remove accessories, and set aside. DO NOT clean accessories. This will damage the accessory (ex. cleaning fish).
- Add 2 cups of undiluted distilled white vinegar to Water Tank. Replace Tank Cap and swish vinegar solution around in Tank. Place Tank on Base. Vinegar solution will drain into Water Reservoir and loosen mineral buildup (scale) on Nebulizer and Float as they soak in the solution. It will also loosen scale on bottom of Water Tank.
- Soak for 15-20 minutes.
- After soaking, unlock Tank Cap and pour solution out in sink. Pour solution from Water Reservoir out in sink. Wipe Nebulizer and Float with soft cloth to remove loosened mineral deposits.
- Rinse Water Reservoir and Water Tank until smell of vinegar (for Scale Removal process) or bleach solution (for Disinfecting process) is gone. Make sure water does not enter the fan opening (vented opening behind base) or Power Knob.
- Follow Steps 1-3 in Scale Removal Instructions in previous section.
- For Step 4: Add ½ tsp of bleach to ½ gallon (1.9L) of water and add to Water Tank. Replace Tank Cap. Swish solution around in Tank. Place Tank on Base. Bleach solution will drain into Water Reservoir and will disinfect Water Reservoir and other components as they soak. NOTE: Using more than 1 tsp. of bleach per gallon of water may result in damage to your humidifier. See steps 5-7 in Scale Removal Instructions in previous section to complete Disinfecting process. NOTE: DO NOT mix vinegar and bleach solutions together. Scale Removal and Disinfecting must be done separately.
Question: Why is there white dust?
With an ultrasonic humidifier, a built-in nebulizer vibrates the water at ultrasonic frequency which causes the water droplets to break into a fine, cool mist that you can see. Naturally occurring minerals in your water get projected out with the mist and can settle around the unit in the form of white dust. In hard water areas, we recommend using demineralization cartridges with your ultrasonic humidifier to capture minerals in the water and to help reduce white dust on surfaces.
Did You Know?
Vicks is comfort. Warm mist or cool mist? Your choice. It’s for your comfort.
Vicks Humidifiers at 40% – 60%RH enhances indoor air quality to help improve breathing. Relieves dryness of skin. Relieves chapped lips. Relieves dry eyes. And may even help relieve allergy flare ups.
VapoPads with essential oils and VapoSteam with essential oils are available for even more comfort. Vicks wants you to breathe easy.